We are a proud member of WECA (Waikato Engineering Careers Association).
Visit www.weca.org.nz to find out more.
We are currently looking to employ a suitably qualified Service Engineer/ Fitter to service mechanical equipment on manufacturing sites in and around the area. This is a Workshop and site based role in the food industry so a high standard of workmanship is a prerequisite.
The job will involve:
• Working in the workshop or on customer sites
• Carrying out general mechanical duties, maintenance, repairs and fault diagnosis work on mechanical equipment
• Creating job reports on findings and repairs for clients
• Performing mechanical maintenance duties as per maintenance plans to the standard required by our customer and following their procedures
• Frequent Domestic travel required
Skills and experience required:
• Maintenance Trade Qualification or Advanced Trade Certificate
• Ability to work under pressure and autonomously
• Time management
• Experience working with mechanical equipment
• Excellent machining and fitting skills
• Welding and fabricating skills and experience working with stainless steel
• Ability to read & interpret drawings
• Strong H & S Focus
• Positive attitude & good communication skills
• Current and valid NZ Drivers License
A pre-employment medical and drug test is mandatory.
Only NZ residents or people with relevant work visas should apply for this position.